Recording sessions at my studio
Artists can now request to hire my studio to record their music.
Click a photo to see gallery (9 images)
What is the recording set-up at Kark Studio?
The studio is primarily set up for single instrument tracking. A live studio session is also possible – it depends on the size of the band and the required set-up. 16 channels available for multitrack recording.
What about studio engineer assistance?
I offer tracking for guitar, bass, vocals, live drums, and pretty much any other instrument that fits through the studio door!
How long can the studio be used each day of a booked session?
The studio and my services as sound engineer are available for up to 8 hours per day. Set-up time may need to be in addition to this.
What equipment is available to hire?
- Guitar amps: Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 head, Kemper Profiling Amplifier (both powered and direct), Harley Benton 4x12 cabinet + your fave 80s and 90s death metal Peavey combo amps;
- Mics: Shure SM57, Shure SM7B, Shure Beta 56A, Shure SM58, Audix D6, Sennheiser E906, Beyerdynamic Opus 87, Audio Technica AT871R, MXL 770, Fredman Mic Clip;
- Effect pedals: EMB pedal wah (hand-built by Matt Bacci, a phenomenal guy who custom built wah pedals for people like Kirk Hammett, Slash and Steve Vai), Mesa Boogie Subway Bass DI Preamp, Digitech Whammy, Digitech Drop, Marshall Reflector Reverb, Marshall ED-1 The Compressor, MXR 10-band Graphic EQ, Golden Horse Boost, Golden Brownie Distortion, Palmer Daccapo Reamp Box;
- Outboard units: Universal Audio LA 610 MKII, Universal Audio 1176 Clone Rev A Hairball Audio, Universal Audio 1176 Clone Rev G Hairball Audio, Kush Clariphonic Parallel Equalizer, DBX 160A Compressor, Focusrite Platinum Penta Stereo Compressor, BBE Sonix Maximizer 322, BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A, C Audio EQ312, Lexicon MX200, Palmer PDI 03 Speaker Simulator;
- Headsets: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm, Vic Firth Drummer's Headphones, EX-25 Extreme Isolation;
- Drum kit: Mapex V Series drum kit with Ludwig Black Magic snare drum, 5 toms, single kick with double pedal;
- Instruments: Music Man Sterling 5-string bass, Midi controller.
Where is Kark Studio located?
The studio is located in Ikornnes, Sykkylven in the west of Norway, surrounded by extremely beautiful nature that gives the whole experience something that you will not find anywhere else!
In addition to just the recording session, I can offer you guided tours of the local area, and assist you further if you are a serious mountaineer. You can order this book, which describes our 56 mountaintops and their 134 alternate routes. This is of course mostly relevant for summer, but in the winter, you can go skiing as much as your heart's desire – Cross-country, Slalom, and Randonnée. There are other private areas for such trips, or you can choose from these commercially available places.
The nearest international airport is Ålesund. I can pick the band up at the airport, with a car suited for transporting gear.
Is there any accommodation nearby?
Local overnight accommodation:
I reserve the right to say flat out "no" to working with you if I feel you will waste my or both of our time.
I also have no patience for being a babysitter and cleaning up your spilled beer and vomit, nor will I give you a Travolta-style needle in the heart if you prioritize drugs over your art. I will treat you as seriously as you treat yourself!
Got any questions?
I'll be happy to answer any queries you've got about hiring my studio.