Audio Restoration Service
The poorer your recording, the bigger the opportunity for me to make you sound good!
What is Audio Restoration?
In simple terms, audio restoration is the process of removing as many technical imperfections as possible from a recording, without compromising the original sound.
Bad or damaged recordings can suffer from:
- Undesirable high or low frequency noise
I am often able to completely remove these problems from recordings, or at least minimise such imperfections so that they become much less noticeable.
How my mastering process works:
- First I'll talk to you about what aspects of your recording need to be enhanced to achieve the sound you want.
- Then I listen to your music very carefully. I will try to find other ways to improve your sound, such as audio restoration or noise removal.
- The next stage is to master a sample track (this will be a half of one song), so you can hear the improved sound. If you are happy with it, I'll go ahead and master your other tracks.
- Don't waste my time, and I won't waste yours!
- When we agree to proceed with a project, it becomes a binding deal. We will both honour this agreement!
- One revision is included in the price I give you. If further revisions are needed, I will charge based on number of tracks and how significant the changes are.
- If a new mix is provided for revision, then I will have to treat it as a completely new master, as I'll have to repeat the entire process. I will therefore charge full price for a new master. I will consider exceptions based on the situation, but be sure to have your mix completely finished before handing it over to me for mastering.
How to listen to your master
- If listening to several test masters, use volume normalization (such as soundcheck on iTunes) to avoid being fooled by the loudness deception.
- If you think it sounds too quiet, use your volume control to turn it up. The loudness wars are over! It's in the best interests of both of us to have things sound as good as possible, so why the fuck would I do anything other than that? In case you have questions regarding these things, you can drag and drop your file on the Loudness Penalty website, and see where your tracks are at.
Request a FREE mastered sample of your music
The free sample is paid for by you telling me exactly why I should give you a free sample. Show me that you have a passion for your music, and that you have a vision. Do not simply send me a file and a comment saying something like "impress me". The free mastered sample will be half of one song.
Request your free mastered sample
Got any questions?
I'll be happy to answer any queries you've got about restoring your audio recording.